Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Care Standards and Quality Assurance
- Protect all Service User’s from abuse and report any concerns as per Company Policies and Procedures
- Visit each Service User at least daily, to assess their needs. Supervise all care activities and continually seek to improve care delivered to Service User’s
- Report any observed change in the condition of a Service User, any critical incident or accident (Staff or Service User) or any other relevant event in the Home to the Deputy Home Manager without delay, providing an accurate Care Plan to rectify the situation
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care in conjunction with the Service User and their family to meet their holistic needs
- Promote positive risk taking by Service User’s as an essential part of everyday life, assisting them to maximise their abilities and promote their independence
- Ensure management of medication complies with Company, Care quality Commission standards and NMC guidance and that medical stock and nursing supplies are replenished in a timely manner and maintained as economically as possible
- Value the life experience and knowledge of Service User’s, showing them courtesy and respect, observing their privacy and protecting their dignity at all times
- Respect each Service User as an individual, treating them equally and valuing their cultural and social diversity
- Work in partnership with Service User’s ensuring that their views, choices and interests are at the centre of all care and services provided by the Home
- Understand the importance of Service User’s maintaining links with the community, valuing and supporting the role that relatives and friends play in their care
- Ensure the supervision and reception of, new Service User’s, ensuring that all appropriate documentation is completed on time and that the Service User is orientated to their surroundings and neighbours and welcomed appropriately.
- Maintain good working relationships with GP’s Care Quality Commission, Social Services Departments and any other external regulatory bodies. Manage in conjunction with the Home Manager all internal and external inspections/audits
- Communicate effectively with Service User’s, their relatives, friends, other staff and external visitors to the Home and deal sensitively with their concerns
- Handle and resolve with the assistance of the Deputy Manager, complaints, critical incidents, accidents or outbreaks of infection, recording and reporting as necessary to the Home Manager in accordance with Company policy and Care Quality Commission
- Show courtesy and respect to Service User’s at all times to ensure that they enjoy the highest quality of life, respect the confidentiality of Service User’s and their families, friends at all times and involve families and friends in the Service User’s care as appropriate
- Greet all visitors, and answer the telephone, in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner and promote Heatherwood Health Care Homes and your own Home in particular, positively at all times in the local community
- Ensure professional knowledge and job skills are up to date to ensure that our Service User’s receive the best possible standards of care and service
- Ensure by monitoring and other means, adherence throughout the Home at all times, to all operational, administrative, procedural, nursing, care and professional standards in conjunction with the Home Manager.
Health and Safety
- Ensure effective and efficient management of care staff in conjunction with the Deputy Manager and Home Manager and other supervisory staff
- Assist with the induction of new staff, training and development of care staff, efficiently co-ordinating duties of all junior staff, whilst ensuring that they are properly supported and supervised
- Assist in evaluating staff performance
- Attend, and participate in training sessions and staff meetings
- Ensure that all nursing staff comply with the NMC Code of Practice and all Care Staff comply with the code of Practice for Social workers and report to the Home Manager and Deputy Manager any breaches of these codes
- Maintain good working relations with all colleagues at all times.
Training and Development
- Carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard to the health, safety and welfare of self, staff, Service User’s and all other persons within Heatherwood Health Care Homes
- Ensure that both you and all staff are aware of, and at all times comply with, all relevant Company policies and procedures and all relevant statutory responsibilities including Fire arrangements, Health and Safety issues including moving and handling, COSHH regulations, Infection Control, Care Quality Commission regulations, maintaining records diligently and accurately as required
- Ensure risk assessments pertaining to both Service User’s and staff are undertaken are recorded and acted upon appropriately.
- Promote both the personal and professional development of all staff
- Keep fully up to date with developments in clinical with developments in clinical practice, education and training and cascade this knowledge on to all relevant staff through planned training programmes. Attend and participate in, training sessions
- Attend and carry out any delegated supervision sessions for yourself and any staff for which you have a supervisory responsibility for. Ensure accurate records are kept
- Identify, plan and co-ordinate individual training plans for all staff to meet employee, Service User and company needs and the Care Quality Commission National Standards and Regulations in conjunction with the Home Manager.
- Effectively manage and enquiries that you take and ensure that accurate contact details are taken and passed immediately to the Home manager for actioning.
Generic Core Duties
- In conjunction with the Home Manager help to ensure that the buildings and grounds are maintained via the appropriate staff to high decorative and cleanliness standards that there are appropriate levels of security at all times in line with Company expectations. Report any defects to the above to the Home manager immediately.
- Positively promote the Home through personal conduct both within and outside working hours
- Ensure that you have read and understood all relevant company policies and procedures and that you comply with these at all times
- Attend and participate in all training sessions and staff meetings as required
- Maintain good working relationships with all colleagues at all times
- Any other reasonable instruction from the Home Manager, which is within your area of competence.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Dependant on Experience